SAP HANA: Old wine in new bottles?
Column-oriented DBMS already exist for more than 40 years. One of the first applications was the acquisition of information in biology in 1969. One of the first commercial in-memory databases was IMS Fast Path, an IBM mainframe product from the 70s of the last century. And in fact, SAP HANA also still contains code from products which have been initiated more than 20 years ago. Interestingly, those partly very successful approaches were and are all niche solutions to address a specific problem. Is this now different with SAP HANA? ...
Find out more in the next VMS webinar!
Are your current hot topics the following ones?
VMS delivers the answers the the most asked SAP issues:
- How can I master my ever growing BW systems?
- Can I tune my BW even further?
- Or do I need to switch to HANA?
=> The HPAI provides the answer.
- Can I lower my ERP cost even more?
- I have already tuned for the last number of years.
- And I have already virtualized.
- What can I gain with the data center automation capabilities of private clouds?
=> The CPI provides the answer.
- Does the public cloud make sense for me at all?
- Amazon lowers their cost radically and constantly.
- Shouldn’t I look at the public cloud just out of economic reasons?
=> The CWI provides the answer.